In Ban Tham:
There is a choice of great accommodation in Ban Tham:
- Cave Lodge is a stunning traditional teak lodge with a super friendly vibe. See the photo above. Beautiful views over the Nam Lang river. Race HQ;
- Pat’s House (book through Cave Lodge);
- Nuan’s Shan Homestay – can be booked through their Facebook page or by calling +66 (0)93 313 9006. Nuan speaks good English.
- Forestry area at Ban Tham has bungalows, dormitory and camping spaces. There are 4 large bungalows and a dormitory. About 5 minutes walk from Cave Lodge. Thai speakers can call 053 617 218 and 081 673 5974 or Email: email@example.com.
- Kanlayas Eyrie is a beautiful luxury villa with 2 suites. A fantastic place to stay;
- Kanlayas Homestay is comfortable, above average budget accommodation.
When booking, please mention that you are part of the Thailand Ultramarathon.
The main lodge communal area is a beautiful teak house with a traditional leaf roof and open fire. There are beds for about 50 people in bungalows and dormitories. Camping spaces (with tent, mattress and bedding provided) are also available at the lodge. The race finishes here.
Please see the web site for details. To make a reservation email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +66 53 617 203.
Pat’s House is a large, traditional Shan wooden house and can be booked through Cave Lodge.
Forestry at Ban Tham
This year there will be extra accommodation available at the forestry head quarters. There are bungalows, dormitory rooms, and a beautiful camping area. Forestry HQ is a only a 5 minute walk from the TU HQ at Cave Lodge. There are toilet and shower blocks for campers, and meals are available from local restaurans and at Cave Lodge.
IN muang paem (cp1)
If you would like to stay in a traditional Karen hill tribe village, with a local family this can be arranged.
Accommodation will be simple and clean. Local food can be provided … just let your homestay know if you would like it.
You would be best to hire a scooter if you are staying here. Muang Paem has road,access so is easy to get to. It’s 6km from Cave Lodge. 🙂
In Pang Ma Pha (Soppong)
Great accommodation is also available in Pang Ma Pha (Soppong), 8km from Ban Tham. (about 15 mins drive). There are several guesthouses:
- Little Eden Guest House 089 952 8870 (speak to Pen) or make reservations here
- Soppong River Inn 082 998 5345
- The Rock Resort 053-617-134 (speak to Peung or Tdee)
- Lemon Hill Garden 081-0295590 or 081-9987062
- Baan Cafe Nature Resort 053-617081 (email@example.com)
- Ban Bon Doi 081-9807375
- Northern Hill Guest House 053-617136 or 053-617224
- Jeena Guest House 053-6177075 or 086-9205431 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You will need to arrange transport to Ban Tham for the pre-race briefing and the race itself. Check the price with the guesthouses. Or hire a scooter in Pai / Soppong
Lisu Lodge is a comfortable and friendly guesthouse in the traditional Lisu village of Ban Nam Rin, run by a German-Lisu couple. It’s about 18km from Ban Tham, so you will need your own transport. Contact Rudy at email@example.com or phone (083) 582 4496, (083) 054 8497
Pai has many places to stay. Is about 1 hour from Ban Tham. You will need your own car/motorbike/scooter to stay here.
For more information, check out Travelfish.
Scooters can be rented very easily in Pai. We use Aya, and have never had a problem … they have always been honest with us. Soppong also has a small rental shop, prices here are about 200 baht/day. You can also get insurance for about 50 baht/day.